Late Ferriby goals deflate Swans Reserves side

9th September 2019 Off By bartontown

Our Reserves side came away form Saturday’s game against North Ferriby Reserves with nothing as the opposition notched their first win this campaign at The Easy Buy Stadium.

This meant “The Rezzies” had two back to back defeats in 3 days. That now leaves them with a record of played 5 won 1 drawn 1 and lost 3. A stat the manager Liam Graham and his men look to change on Saturday coming.

1Sam Wood
2Thomas Dixon 🔻 Everitt 84
3Nathan Patchett
4Luke Kershaw 🔻 Hay 56
5Clay Bryant
6Robin Woodforth (c)
17Matt Graves
8Scott Meffen
9Harry Finnis ⚽
10Jack Finnis
11Liam Coleman 🔻 Sutton 45
12Joel Sutton 🔺 Coleman 45
14Mark Hay 🔺 Kershaw 56
15Kian Salter
16Bryn Everitt 🔺 Dixon 84
7Kieran Hall

Another good crowd for Step 7 watched on as Barton and Ferriby matched each other in the opening quarter of an hour. That was until Barton took the lead in the 22’ minute through Harry Finnis. He neatly lofted the ball over the on rushing Ferriby ‘keeper and watched the ball nestle in the back of the net after being sent through by Scott Meffen who returned into a familiar central midfield role.

A small shower then increased the tempo in the game as the pitch quickened and Ferriby were soon back on level terms as a cross from the left was turned into his own net albeit unfortunate by the again hard working Clay Bryant.

Coleman was then given a great opportunity to put the Swans back in front on 35 minutes after Meffen spilt the Ferriby defence with a lovey ball, but Coleman snatched at his shot from far out when having time to run deeper into the box.

Legs were woeful looking and the pace of the game decreased as the second 45 went on evident by the fact of both sides introducing all substitutes early into it.

The two Ferriby Centre halves had set the stall out and were winning pretty much every tackle or aerial battle.

It wasn’t really until the last ten minutes of the game when side became stretched the action got going again. Harry Finnis was again sent through and but for a wonderful and brave piece of goal keeping to snatch the ball at his feet to almost certainly stop a goal, it would have gotten Barton 3 points.

Football being football and with 90 minutes on the clock, Barton gifted Ferriby their first three points when untidy coming out the Ferriby man beat the trap and placed the ball in the far corner of Wood’s goal in the 91st minute.

Barton pushed high in search of a late equaliser and were punished again in the 93rd minute in similar style this time caught in possession to allow the Ferriby man to seal the points.

Barton travel to the Steve Prescott Centre next to take on last season’s Whitehead Fish & Chip cup winners Hull United.