Reserves narrowly lose out to Nunsthorpe Tavern

4th September 2020 0 By bartontown
Barton Town Reserves1-2Nunsthorpe Tavern
A. Finnis 45Unknown 70, 74

The Swans reserves outfit played hosts to Lincs League newcomers Nunsthorpe Tavern in another pre-season game this time under the lights in front of a healthy crowd of 100+.

The game had a really good tempo to it and both sides had early chances but found both ‘keepers alert to keep the game at 0-0.

1Jack Dunn
2Bryn Everitt 🟡
3Nathan Patchett 🔻McCardle 75
4Thomas Dixon
5Luke Kershaw (c) 🔻Forham 75
6Robin Woodforth 🟡
7Aaron Finnis ⚽ 🔻Goluch 55
8Adam Whall 🔻Atkinson 65
9Kian Salter 🔻Oliver 85
10Jack Finnis 🔻Herrick 55
11Harry Finnis 🔻O’Callaghan 45
12Ben Herrick 🔺J.Finnis 55
13Daniel Goluch 🔺A.Finnis 55
14Joe Atkinson 🔺Whall 65
15Brendan O’Callaghan 🔺H.Finnis 45
16Jake Forham 🔺Kershaw 75
17Brendan McCardle 🔺Patchett 75
18Connah Oliver 🔺Salter 85

The returning Robin Woodforth, was showing no mercy in some thunderous challenges which were equally matched from the opponents on each occasion.

Kian Salter was looking lively early on creating pockets of space in a new look forward position.

The Swans took a deserved lead in added time of the first half as Salter and big Jack Finnis combined after a good long looping pass from Dixon, Aaron Finnis strode into the box to finish into the far corner.

Barton again started very well and Jack Finnis was having huge success down the left hand side as he had the beating of his man time and time again, this brought a change for Tavern in tactics which brought a change of tempo to the game.

Barton themselves making 4 changes, within minutes of those changes a defensive error allowed Nunsthorpe to nick in and equalise…in the 70th minute. Nunsthorpe were getting on top, and capitalised soon after the equalising goal to take the lead a loose ball was tapped home by the spare man arriving later unchallenged in the box.

Barton were then unlucky not to have a penalty awarded when Goluch was bundled over but the referee waved away, he then went close, and forced the Nunsthorpe keeper into a good save.