Barton Town FC

Match Action – Reserves 2-3 Hornsea Town

Barton Town Reserves2-3Hornsea Town
Salter 45
Goluch 81
1Jake Harris
2Bryn Everitt 🟡 🔻Heseltine 70
3Clay Bryant (c)
4Luke Kershaw
5Stephen Cooper
6Jake Forman
7Adam Whall 🟡
8Robbie Start
9Ben Hinchliffe 🔻Goluch 70
10Kian Salter ⚽ 🔻Needham 76
11Brendan O’Callaghan 🔻Robinson 73
12Daniel Goluch ⚽ 🔺Hinchliffe 70
14Dale Heseltine 🔺Everitt 70
15Bradley Needham 🔺Salter 76
16Lucas Robinson 🔺O’Callaghan 73

Report by Liam Graham, Photography by Aaron Irwin

Barton’s Reserves side had another quick turn around as they entered their 5th game in 14 days and played host to the struggling Hornsea Town at a sunny Easy Buy Stadium.

There were recalls for Harris in goal, and O’Callaghan whilst Heseltine returned to make the bench.

However it was the seaside town that went away with smiles on their face as they bagged all three points in a 5 goal thriller.

For a side that had shipped 11 goals the previous week, they started very bright as did the Swans as both sides struggled to cause any threat on goal in the opening 15 minutes.

Hornsea were the first to get in on goal, as Cooper lost possession and forward Jezz Longley looked to be baring down on Harris’s goal but Cooper recovered superbly to deny the shot on goal.

Kershaw then saw his header go over over the bar from an O’Callaghan corner.

The deadlock was broken as the visitors took the lead in the 26th minute as Mike Lester capitalised on a defensive error inside the 18 yard box to score close range.

Barton were then unlucky when O’Callaghan hit the bar with a thunderous volley which went out for a goal kick.

Hinchcliffe was dragged down in the box, but referee for the day Hunt dismissed claims for a penalty.

Barton were having some success down the right and that success brought about an equaliser on the stroke of half time as Everitt played a ball infield to Forman whose clever left footed pass sought out the late arriving Kian Salter to score with his left foot low to the ‘keeper’s right.

The second half started in similar fashion to the first period, as both sides exchanged a number of long balls or searching balls into the channels but both defences were clearing with ease..

However Hornsea re took the lead around the 50th minute as Longley picked up the ball around 30 yards out he cut inside Kershaw and Cooper and curled the ball home into the corner of Barton’s goal from 20 odd yards out.

Barton then made life much more difficult for themselves as they gave away a soft penalty in which Longley duly converted to the bottom right corner on the hours mark.

Barton’s heavy legs we now showing , Heseltine, Goluch, Needham and Robinson all introduced.

And it was Needham who assisted for Goluch as he arrived at the back post to volley home a wonderful cross in, with ten minutes to go.

Barton then had two or three chances to try and produce an equaliser from set pieces on dangerous areas but the Hornsea defenders were not letting the three points go and held on to secure a valuable three points in their fight to avoid the drop and in doing so condemned The Swans reserves side to their 3rd straight defeat which sees them drop to 6th in the table.

Match Action – Reserves 2-3 Hornsea Town

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top